Mornings can feel rushed and out of control so quickly, and breakfast can either be tossed out altogether, or it can be a side-gig on the fly, with common processed food that has very little nutritional value.
The donuts, danishes, and drive-thru items every once in a while aren’t a big deal, but even a couple of times a week can add up quickly to extra pounds and sluggish mornings.
This is a weekly go-to for my husband, he loves it and appreciates that I have it ready ahead of time. I hope you’ll love it too!
Well-balanced and satisfying till lunchtime, here’s your super simple make-ahead healthy breakfast:
Simple Make-Ahead Healthy Breakfast
- 1/3 C Oats
- 1/3 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 individual container Greek Yogurt (This is why I make 2 at a time)
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
- The ingredients are listed in order of how I’ve layered them here.The Peanut or Almond Butter and honey or Maple syrup can also be put between the chia and yogurt layer so the berries go directly on top of the yogurt. For the healthiest version of this parfait read your Greek yogurt labels to check for sugar content, try to shoot for under 5 grams. Peanut Butter that’s not natural usually contains added sugar too, be mindful! ?
Eating a healthy breakfast that’s made ahead is a form of self-care
You’re worth the effort of planning ahead and you’ll be surprised how quickly these can be made and put in the fridge. I hope this recipe can become a fave for you and can contribute to your commitment to eating healthier!